JINOA
hover over the banner for updates!
© the divine zero
messages ()alerts ()
updates
july 13 the traveling trader event and activity check is now over! the otms are now up as well. if you have any questions/concerns regarding either, please direct all questions to lecc! in addition, the pride event is still going on until july 17th! be sure to post as much as you can in both scenario or social threads. in addition, the FESTIVAL is still on-going so be sure to post an appeal! if you don't, you'll miss out on some awesome prizes!

july 4 happy july 4th everyone! we have our july updates up here where you can read about rule changes, store updates, and event information! keep in mind pride fest is going on until july 17th and julianna is in town until july 11th. in addition, make sure to post in the activity check if you don't want to be deleted! and tell your friends too!

june 18 another update is up, which you can read about here! the most exciting news of all: pride fest is now here in jinoa! please be sure to read the event info, as well as the details of each scenario. that being said, we hope everyone will have lots of fun!

june 6 june updates are now up! you can read more about them here. in addition, we have updated the rules and the site store. check the latter out for new categories, such as eggs and mega accessories. keep a look out, because we have a few more things we'll be rolling out soon too! wish you all the best!

may 30 otms are now up! vote for them here. in addition, julianna is now traveling through jinoa and is offering rare trades for any trainer who can get her the pokemon she desires. check it out here!

may 7 thank you for your patience everyone, but the may update is now up! check out this thread regarding information about mega pokemon, event prizes, and more. also be sure to post in this month's activity check if you don't want to be deleted!

april 15 attention! the flash event has been extended to april 30th, and a new pokerental system has been added for the event as well. check it out here! in addition, the otms are now updated; be sure to congratulate everyone who won!

april 2 happy april everyone! check out the new updates here to find out about cool new details such as a pokefinder app, advertising incentive, and a new flash event! in addition, everyone make sure to vote for this months otms here!

march 26 jinoa now has 2 new pokemods. everyone, please welcome lotte and blur to our pokemod team! 🎉🥂

march 25 attention! we now have a new live preview for our bio form, thanks to cassie. everyone please be sure to send her lots of love and check out the app form.

march 17 happy st. patrick's day everyone! to celebrate the holiday, we'll be running a special event: lucky's shamrock n' roll! to find out more details, click here. in addition, for a limited time, everyone who posts will obtain twice as many pokepoints. so what're you waiting for? get to posting!

march 10 hey guys! it's been little more than a week since the site's re-opening, and we're doing great so far. we've made some more updates to the site, including new directories, rule changes, new skins, and now we're currently hosting an egg giveaway! if you want more details, click here! in addition, mod auditions are still open and we're still encouraging everyone to advertise. happy saturday everyone!

march 7 jinoa now has a new skin! it's titled memories which can be found at the menu at the bottom of the main page. the purpose of this skin is a bit more minimalistic, and should be helpful for those who find the main skin's text too small to read. if you find any kinks, please pm lecc or tag her in the discord chat.

in addition, please welcome our old pokemod canary back to jinoa! if you're interested in becoming a pokemod too, check out this thread.

march 4 gen 7 is finally making it's way to jinoa! the wild pokemon list has also been updated to reflect this. not all pokemon have yet made the cut-off, but keep your eye out for future updates if you don't see your favorite gen 7 pokemon just yet.

feb 28 re-opening of jinoa! we made a new skin titled 'new beginnings' but if you want to go back to the old skin, just click on the menu at the very bottom of the page.

also, if you see a broken img or need something archived moved back, just pm lecc.

for more information on the updates, click here. thanks!! we're looking forward to rping with all of you!

august 25th check out the update on our new application form and tweaks to our team rocket system here.

august 8th the activity check is officially over and say congrats to our brand new pokémods, canary and venus! in addition, make sure to vote for your otms here as well as post with your characters in the ongoing flash event in cubic city.

august 3rd. there's a flash event in cubic city. earn a prize for participating in it here.

the activity check ends on august 8th.

august 1st. jinoa is having its first activity check + otm nominations! it ends on august 8th, so be sure to post in the thread before then.

the travel + mod request rules have been modified. read about it here.

mod auditions will end on august 3rd, so if you're interested, check out the thread here.

july 27th. mod auditions will end a week from now on august 3rd. if you're interested in auditioning, check out the thread here.

july 18th. staff are holding auditions for two pokémod positions, check out the thread here.

july 16th. the egg giveaway has ended! stay tuned for more things in the weeks to come.

june 23rd. jinoa has been open for a whole week! thanks to everyone who has joined so far. we have a new skin called "zero" + a new custom profile with more custom fields to fill out. if you see any funky coding please let staff know.

the egg giveaway will run until july 16th, so be sure to check it out!

june 15th. welcome to the grand opening of the jinoa region! to celebrate, we're hosting a month-long giveaway. for more information, check out THIS thread.

also, don't forget to join the jinoa discord! it's a great way to communicate between members. more information can be found HERE or by pming one of us!

member otm
masquerade/red
character otm
couple otm
kazuo nakanishi x marrubi espiga
thread otm
census
trainer
♂ 08
♀ 10
○ 00
coordinator
♂ 02
♀ 06
○ 00
breeder
♂ 08
♀ 04
○ 00
rocket
♂ 09
♀ 06
○ 00
civilian
♂ 05
♀ 03
○ 00
total
♂ 32
♀ 29
○ 00

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

hello, - closed for lotte, mod
hiromi nishikawa
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 12:08 AM

lecc
8 posts
¥2300
Trainer

N/A

< Are you sure about this? >

"Pffft, Kat-chan, like I already said, you worry too much."

Both trainer and pokemon were walking through the streets of Cubic City - well, to be fair, Hiromi was doing most of the walking. Lazy as ever, Katsu - her Flareon - sat nestled in the hood of her bright green sweatshirt with his paws on her shoulders as his trainer led him through the streets of the city, the sun blazing at their backs. Hiromi didn't seem terribly put down by it. Her arms swung happily as she walked, her demeanor surprisingly cheerful. These days, there weren't many things that perked up her spirits, but maybe it was the prospect of finding another clue in the long, complicated search for her mother, or maybe it was landing in a new city, or maybe it was just that she was happy. Katsu sure as hell didn't know. But... all the same, he was happy to see her happy. It was almost enough to make the Flareon want to back down and let her have it her way.

Except that would've been too easy.

Instead, the Flareon sighed loudly. Purposefully in her ear, finding amusement when she squeaked and jumped nearly a foot in the air. If she could have whirled around to glare at him, she would have. Him, on the other hand, was perfectly smug as he watched her pat down her hair and then tuck a strand behind her ear. He knew that she hated being surprised, and hated whenever her hair was messed up even more.

< That's what you get. >

"For what??"

< Kat-chan, Kat-chan, Kat-chan, > he sing-sang, his voice carrying in a high-pitched falsetto as he attempted to mock her. < I'm not some kit! I'm basically older than you, y'know. >

This made her roll her eyes. She reached up behind her and grabbed the Flareon underneath his arms - to which the fire-type let out an unpleasant mreow of defiance. He was flustered now and it was her turn to look smug. "Hiromi~~ My little paws hurt~~~ Carry me~~~ Doesn't that sound like a baby to you?" From his position where he was being forcibly held by her, Katsu could do nothing but scowl. Knowing she had won, Hiromi grinned.

Eventually, she put him back where he was before, nestled safely in his hoodie. She continued her walk towards the Cubic City laboratory which - according to the map - was supposed to be only a five minute walk from their hotel. Which meant that they were going to be upon it soon. " Sides, Kat-chan is such a cuter nickname than Katsu. It's shorter too. If you want, you can call me Mii-chan. "

The Flareon huffed. < I'll pass. > He paused, before then deciding to continue their conversation from before. < Aren't labs supposed to be for new trainers? What if they ask? > Despite his usual arrogance, Katsu couldn't help but a little apprehension for their new endeavor. He knew that Hiromi was good at thinking on her feet, but how could she defend the fact that she already had a pokemon? < Maybe I should just - >

"Don't be silly, Kat-chan. It'll be fine. Remember - the flyer said level twenty, and you're nowhere near that. "

The fire-type bristled defensively. < I'm only five - >

"Plus, I need to ask them about Kaa-san, and you know that. "

Katsu deflated a bit; she had a point. They both knew that labs were the first stop for most trainers - young and old - and if there clue about her mother had any ground, the lab would be the natural place to start. Still... he felt apprehensive. "Hiromi - "

"Yeah, yeah, and if they don't know, I'll be wrong and we'll be the better for it. " Grinning, she stopped when the closed in on the large building that had been their aim all along. "We're here!"

And there it was in all it's glory, Cubic City Laboratory, a place that she had only read about online before this moment.

word count ● 680
ooc ● hiromi and katsu (flareon) bicker a lot before reaching the lab! i was thinking that she and megumi could meet up and maybe talk for a bit before we tag in a mod? lotte
PM
^
megumi tensei
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 12:03 AM

lotte
9 posts
¥1750
Coordinator

N/A

Crém-chan! ~Wait for me!” A voice called out to the tiny pink pluff that jumped excitedly on the pavement. “Créeem-chaan!

But it was no use. No matter how much Megumi yelled for the Swirlix to stop, the fairy-type was just sugarushed on being let out for a tiny bit of fresh air. She stopped running, resting on her knees, glancing at Crémeux who was hopping to the direction of the Cubic Laboratory. Megumi Tensei, eighteen years of age, had finally set foot on Jinoa Region. The sun was high in the sky, setting their new start with fresh air and a good dose of sunlight.

Megumi placed a loose strand of brown hair behind her ear, and wiped her forehead with the sleeve of her jacket. For this occasion, she had chosen to wear a light brown trench coat, with leather, black boots. Unlike most travellers, she wore no backpack, but a fashionable, dark brown satchel with a few ribbons showcasing her talent as a coordinator. There was no harm in showing people that she loved performing, now was there?

~Swiirlix! SWIRL!

The Swirlix had already reached a distance that Megumi couldn’t possibly catch up to him! She took one deep breath and smiled brightly at an idea that came to mind. Who knew where would the Swirlix end up if she didn’t caught him on time.

Sundae! Escar! Would you help me out please?” Megumi exclaimed as she kissed each of her Pokemon’s pokeball, and threw them up in the air. “Time for an impromptu performance!

~Vaaanilliite!

Hmm? Goo? Gooomy!

Immediately, the Ecar, uppon seeing Sundae, his eyes became eyes like hearts. He loved eating so much, and poor Sundae had to be so unfortunate to have the shape of an ice cream cone. The moment they were released, they started chasing each other in circles around Megumi.

G-Guys! Calm down, please.” She tried to get them to calm. “ Crémeux is getting away!”

The mention of their other family got their attention, making them stare at Megumi’s sad face, they both looked at each other and nodded. Doing things for Megumi was the only thing they always agreed on. But Goomy just had to lick Vanillite, before setting to work.

Megumi stifled a laugh and winked at Vanillite before scooping him up and throwing him in the air. Goomy set to work by hitting the ground with bubbles, to coat the pavement with water. Vanillite launched an icicle spear to freeze the water to create a linear path of ice.

Perfect!” She stepped back, and jumped on the ice floor, sliding down the path to the lab with ease. “Catch me if you can you guys! Hahaha!

Vanillite picked up Goomy and accelerated with Automize, spinning beside her trainer, creating a beautiful scene of them both ice skating together. However, where they enjoyed themselves, Megumi’s recklessness would soon catch an unexpected visitor of the labs, who were on their way to.

Woohoo! This is so fu-” Her eyes went wide as the ice path ended, and had no way to stop acceleration. “Oh no! Watch ooouut!

☽ ooc section
tagged ★ hiromi nishikawa
notes ★ 517 words. ~ leecc. finally managed some inspiration for megumi! listened to tons of ghibli music lol. this should surprise hiromi. ~ let me know if anything needs changing!
PM
^
hiromi nishikawa
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 04:59 PM

lecc
8 posts
¥2300
Trainer

N/A

< So...this is it. > Glancing up at the tall building, Katsu couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated. This wasn't anything like Professor Elm's laboratory in New Bark Town... at least, he thought so. It was hard to say for sure, considering that he - who had been born and bred inside Naoki Nishikawa's very own care - had never been. But he had heard enough, and read enough, to know that New Bark Town was fairly small, and that this laboratory in front of him was plenty big. It likely had to do with all the tourists coming in and out of the region, but it reminded Katsu more of Lumoise City than it did of any pokemon laboratory. But the sign spoke for itself. There was no mistake. In big, bold letters, it read: 'CUBIC CITY LABS'

"Yep!" Whatever apprehension her partner was feeling, Hiromi was feeling none of it. Classic Hiromi, she grinned up at the building, hands on her hips as she observed it. She had never been to a lab before - for obvious reasons - but she'd been practically raised in one. She couldn't help but smirk when she thought of how jealous her brother would have been to see her now. Ha, if only Hiroki were here.

... If only Hiroki were here.

Suddenly, Hiromi blinked, as something sank deep in her chest. She hadn't... she hadn't thought about Hiroki for a while. Or Otou-san, to be honest. The thought... it struck her, and in a not entirely pleasant way.

Katsu, always tuned in to his trainer's emotions, glanced sharply at her. < Hir - Hiromi!> Just as sharply, the Flareon twisted around to see a commotion behind them. His eyes widened. What the hell was that? There was no time to react; it all happened so fast.

"Wh -"

Crash!

Before Hiromi could figure out what was happening, something collided into her and sent her tumbling on the pavement. Luckily, her Flareon had faster reflexes than her, and he quickly disengaged himself from his position and launched himself into the air. He landed deftly on his paws a moment after that, just a few feet away from where Hiromi sat in a crash-pile with the other. Katsu immediately ran over to Hiromi, who was sitting on her behind, looking quite dazed as she rubbed her head sorely. What... what was that?

< Hiromi! Are you alright? >

The trainer blinked. "A-ah, yeah. I'm fine... I think. " She glanced at her knees, which had scratches from where she tumbled against the concrete, and her elbows felt a bit bruised, but other than that... "I'm fine, " she said, more firmly. Then, she looked at her perpetrators, mouth already half-way open to give them a scolding - because who just ran into people like that?? - when the words got caught in her throat. That was - that was -

"Megumi Tensei!"

word count ● 476
ooc ● cue crashing into, and then hiromi looks up and is like OMG A CELEB megumi tensei
PM
^
megumi tensei
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 01:27 AM

lotte
9 posts
¥1750
Coordinator

N/A

Plenty of times had Megumi planted her face on the ground. It would be sacrilege to see such a gracious, would-be heir to a house of dance to be seen in such a state. However, since travelling outside of Jhoto, Megumi no longer cared for that people might think less of her, allowing herself the luxury of crying when making mistakes or losing her composure. This often led very, very awkward, if not hilarious situations. As the sole heir to a very prestigious house, Megumi rarely let her hair down. It had been years since the incident, and while still weary that she might cause trouble, there was no reason to not have fun, now was there?

Ow, ow, ow…” She chanted, rubbing her back and butt. “What… did I…?

Images were blurry. She had Megumi rose from the ground, and kneeled, stretching her back to make sure everything was in place. Fortunately, there was nothing broken or sore. That was strange, she thought curiously. No injuries on an accident caused by over-speeding? Today must be her lucky day!

Oh! That’s right!Sundaae-chan?!” She called out, looking around for her Pokemon. “Escar-chan? Oh my… Creem-chan?!

Megumi sighed, worry filling her eyes. How clumsy she would have to be to lose all her Pokemon on the day they were picking up a new member of the family? She wiped the tears coming from her eyes. This was no time to cry! If there was anything her travels had taught her, it was that crying never solved anything.

This is no time to be crying!” She exclaimed out loud, with a cute, but fierce expression of resolution. “I have to go-

It took sometime to register the fact that someone had called her name. What’s more, the way the said voice exclaimed her name suggested that this person knew her, and of her past. Megumi shook her head, placing both palms on her reddening face. The possibility of someone from her hometown being in the same place as her would be quite… inconvenient?

Uuuh…” Megumi halfheartedly looked to the direction of the voice. “Um, sorry, I don’t… oh my arceus!

The idea of pretending not knowing who the other party was flew out the window the moment Megumi saw that she had injured someone. She quickly rose, dusting her jacket off gravel, and quickly came to aid the person. Blonde hair, blue eyes, this girl looked so adorable! If, you know, she wasn’t on the ground and slightly injured.

Are you okay? I’m so sorry.” She apologized, but she did so with a smile. “You know my name, but I have no clue what’s yours?

☽ ooc section
tagged ★ hiromi nishikawa
notes ★ 442 words. she loses all her pokemon in one go. there's the continuation of our thread lol.
PM
^
citrus
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 05:47 PM

citrus
23 posts
¥5750
Admin

N/A

WELCOME TO CUBIC CITY'S LABORATORY
megumi tensei AND hiromi nishikawa

Long hair, tied back in a ponytail, bounced behind the rapid movements of a red-haired assistant. The sound of her footsteps took her back and forth between the facilities storage room, where they maintained all the Pokemon registered to be acquired as starters, to the front desk where the phone wouldn't stop ringing and a mountain of documents was piling up. Jim had called out of work again and she was left at the front trying to maintain all her tasks and his without going crazy.

Things had been going alright until just now when she'd dropped an armful of Pokeballs and they scattered in every direction. "Oooooooooooh crap" Not all of these had been registered for release. "Oooooooh boy." The assistant scrambled to gather up the balls, succeeding with all except for one that bumped against the wall and popped open in a bright light. Which, in turn, was followed by the barely discernible sight of a fluffy red Pokemon launching out and practically flying into the front lobby. "Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

With no brakes, the fox bolted towards the main entrance. He didn't stop to look at the girl chasing behind him, excitement for freedom overwhelming every other feeling. Through the large, smudged windows that fronted the laboratory, he could see a group of Pokemon and people. Having fun, probably, but it was without him and that's not something he would tolerate. "I'm going to have some fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun, bye byeeeeeeeeeee" The creature shouted behind him, launching rapidly towards the automatic doors.

Clearly, he hadn't calculated the time they'd need to open and the amount of time it would take him to reach these doors. Instead of dashing through them, as he had hoped, the Fennekin collided, painfully, with the glass doors. He was thrown back with force, only managing to sit dazed as the doors finally opened to allow his exit. Or the two girl's entrance.

PM
^
hiromi nishikawa
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 12:43 AM

lecc
8 posts
¥2300
Trainer

N/A

Megumi Tensei! Hiromi could hardly believe her eyes as she stared at what she knew to be the heir to the Tensei throne. It wasn't like they had ever met - at least personally - before. Hiromi knew that they had never been introduced to each other, but she remembered when she was very, very young and her father had told her and Hiroki about the lore of the Bellsprout towers, and the dancers that lied within. Though Hiromi had never really had an interest in the sport, she would have had to been a fool to not realize the gravity of their influence.

"Hiromi? Do you know her?" The Flareon cocked his head to the side, startled by his trainer's outburst. Not that it was exactly outside of her character - Hiromi had always ben an emotional person, as far as he knew her - but he didn't recognize this foreign girl, and if she was important, Katsu was fairly sure he should have noticed her.

A flush crawled up her neck. "Ah - " When Megumi herself came to aid her, her face bloomed bright as as rose. Crap. How embarrassing! She wasn't supposed to be the lame one. That was Hiroki. But...! How could she help herself? When it was the Megumi Tensei standing in front of her.

Shaking her head, and then putting a hand up to refuse the girl's offer for aid, she pushed herself to her feet and dusted some dirt off her skirt. Feeling somewhat sheepish and nervous, she rubbed her neck as she gazed at the other before shaking her head again. No, this wasn't like her. A grin immediately spread across her face, as she forced herself to calm down. "Oh, god, I'm sorry." Hiromi dipped her head in a slight apology before offering her hand out for a proper handshake. "I'm Hiromi. Hiromi Nishikawa, daughter of Naoki Nishikawa - he was - I mean, he is - " Cutting her own self off, she took another breath and pressed her hands against her skirt. "Sorry. I mean. I'm from Ecruteak too! Sorry for just calling your name out like a creepy stalker - " She laughed nervously. "But you're famous, and - "

THUMP!

Startled, Hiromi couldn't help but squeaking and jumping slightly in the air, hands flying up to Megumi's shoulders to clutch onto her for dear life. What was that? Eyes wide, she looked behind Megumi to see that the doors open and a what looked like a fennec fox face-planted on the floor, just by the entrance to the lab. Oh! The Lab! Squeaking against, she jumped away from Megumi. "Sorry!" Then, trying to push down her own embarassment, she walked around her and gestured excitedly for her to follow. "You're here for a starter too, right? C'mon!" Grinning, she led her way into the lab, only to stop and pick up the Fennekin who was splayed against the pavement.

"Um, hello?" she called. "I think.. you have an escape artist." Giggling, she turned towards the center of the room and held the Fennekin up as proof.

word count ● 476
ooc ● cue crashing into, and then hiromi looks up and is like OMG A CELEB megumi tensei citrus
[/QUOTE]
PM
^
megumi tensei
 Posted: May 4 2018, 01:42 AM

lotte
9 posts
¥1750
Coordinator

N/A

It was hard to supress the feelings creeping up in her stomach. So her hunch had been right. It was someone from the same town as her, and by the way she acted, it seemed as if this girl knew much about her past. A little too much in fact. Back then, while preparing to take over the family house, Megumi hadn’t really noticed their impact on other people. All the thoughts she had to spare were for making her parents proud and to make sure that the family tradition wasn’t lost.

What helped draw her attention from these sad thoughts were how awfully cute this girl was acting in front of her. From flustered to a stuttering wreck. Megumi smiled warmly and nodded as she paid attention to the broken sentences of hew new acquaintance. Her gaze shifted from to and fro the flareon. It was so adorable! The yellow caramel mane in contrast with the hot red fur. She wouldn’t hesitate to eat such a delicate morsel.

Getting side tracked,, Megumi blinked absentmindedly when the girl introduced herself as Hiromi, with the family name Nashikawa. There was a sense of nostalgia from the name. Something her parents had said, forbidding both of them sisters to approach the family. Ill fortune, apparently?

Megumi chuckled, and stood up just as Hiromi did. Perhaps this was part of her turning a new leaf?

She didn’t need any encouragement from Hiromi. Megumi stood up, dusting off her knees, and hopped to catch up with her new friend. Surprisingly, Hiromi wasn’t the only one who had made a friend.

Nice to meet, you Hiromi-chan.” She sang, looking the Fennekin whose train of thoughts aligned quite well with her own Pokemon. “Look at that, you already have your starter, and we haven’t even spoken to anyone yet.

She caressed the fire fox’ soft fur, around the neck and on it’s back. “ It’s so cute. I guess it’s my turn now to get one, right?

☽ ooc section
tagged ★ hiromi nishikawa citrus
notes ★ 330 words. ~ soo cuuute.
PM
^
citrus
 Posted: May 22 2018, 09:51 AM

citrus
23 posts
¥5750
Admin

N/A

Erin was flustered, embarrassment apparent on her red-flushed cheeks. Or maybe that was from all the frantic activities of her morning. She was still new at the institution and her supervisor had only stepped out for a couple minutes and already she was almost losing unregistered starters. "I'm so sorry, thank you!" The assistant breathed a heavy sigh of relief as she approached the blonde-haired girl holding the orange fox. "He just got here this morning and he's been trouble from the first minute"

The Fennekin squirmed in the blonde girl's grip. "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. I just wanna go play outsiiiiiiiiiiiide. Lemme gooooooooooo." "Man, I'm sorry. I'll take him, put him in his Pokeball or something. I dunno." Erin reached for the Fennekin, who recognized the 'danger' of returning to the lab assistant and instead scrambled to climb up on Hiromi's shoulders, snapping his teeth at the assistant. "Or not..." She frowned, but as long as he wasn't trying to escape it was probably okay... for now.

"Please don't think this crazy fox is representative of the Cubic City lab.. He hasn't even be registered yet, but I'm not sure he'll make the cut." She raised her hands up in the air in defeat, "We are getting so lax with the Pokemon we're letting into here. I'm probably gonna get murdered at some point." Erin turned around, arms still up and retreated a few steps into the laboratory before turning back around. First of all, she couldn't just walk off without the Fennekin, and second of all she still had a job to do.

"I'm sorry again for the frantic welcome. I'm Erin, one of the Cubic City's lab assistants." Her smile was a little more polite now as she seemed to switch into her 'customer service' mode. Or whatever you wanted to call it. "Are you two here to get yourselves some starter Pokemon. Or have you got anything else I can help you with?" Rarely did anyone come here that wasn't looking for starters. Or research opportunities. Or jobs.

PM
^
hiromi nishikawa
 Posted: May 25 2018, 11:21 AM

lecc
8 posts
¥2300
Trainer

N/A

Despite the Fennekin's fussy squirming, Hiromi was careful to keep a firm grip on the fox. Without hurting him, of course. Though she was technically on the run, it didn't change the fact that she was Naomi Nishikawa's daughter and as such, had been properly taught to handle pokemon. Especially difficult pokemon. She still remembered when Katsu and his litter were small, and they needed to be bathed. She remembered her father placing them in the tub, and then grabbing them swiftly when some of them leaped out of the tub, suds and all. Despite being covered head to toe in bath water and soap, Naoki had grabbed each tiny kitten with dexterity and swiftness, easily depositing them back into the tub without even a blink. Hiromi had been amazed then, hiding behind her mother's leg; Hiroki had been right in the thick of it though, listening to their father's instructions with rapt clarity. It had always been that way. Hiroki, always, braver than her, only when it came to these types of things.

Lost in thought, the blond blinked as the intern girl - She's cute, Hiromi immediately thought - walked up to them. However, when she made to grab at the fire-type in Hiromi's grasp, the Fennekin immediately wriggled away and leaped onto her shoulder to once again elude the intern's grasp. A giggle, unbidden, rose up Hiromi's throat. She couldn't help herself. She glanced back at Megumi, who was looking at her and the newfound Fennekin with interest. "Oh, " the blond fumbled. "I don't think that's how it works, Megumi-chan." Speaking of, Megumi-chan was kind of a mouthful. Hiromi briefly wondered if the other girl would have felt offended if she came up with a nickname for her... what kind of nickname could she give anyway?

"They're supposed to give us choices... right?" Hiromi glanced at the intern for affirmation. At least, she assumed that was the way things worked. Her father had never given out pokemon, but he had known enough to explain it to his children when they - meaning Hiroki - had asked. Hiromi had merely just been present for the whole lecture, complaining why they were being lectured and getting corrected by both her father and brother that they were learning.

When the intern apologized for the "state of the lab" and the fact that they were letting about anyone in, Hiromi couldn't help but laugh again. "It's okay. Don't worry about it!" She glanced at the Fennekin briefly, and attempted to scratch him between his ears. Maybe a little TLC would calm him down some? Then, she glanced back at the intern before nodding. "Yep! We're here for starters. What do we have to do?"

word count ● 452
ooccitrus megumi tensei
PM
^
megumi tensei
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 01:35 AM

lotte
9 posts
¥1750
Coordinator

N/A

Megumi smiled, and said nothing as Hiromi tried to correct her assumption. A glance sideways made her a little cautious as she saw a new person coming in. She always fell into the habit of a delicate, respectful lady whenever she was in the presence of someone she didn’t know. As the respectable heir to a house, though no longer active, Megumi had been taught to treat those who might become new connections with the utmost respect and kindness. To return all blessings and curses tenfold, was the family motto after all. While she no longer abided by the house rules, it was hard to break tradition. Or at least bend it.

She smiled and nodded, with a back straight and hands held in front. If you squinted closely enough, you could see her in a yukata. The lab aide apologized and excused herself, while failing in an attempt to try and relieve Hiromi of her duty as the Fennekin’s new climb stand. The snap she made at her fingers made Megumi laugh… a laughter portrayed in a smile. It was demure, and proper of a lady to never show their teeth.

Oh my, that would be quite unfortunate.” She addressed the lab aide. “This little troublemaker seems to have the makings of a great partner! Quite the good instincts too.

The coordinator stretched out a hand and tried to caress the Fennekin right behind the ears, a spot she knew they liked. If the lab aide, whose job was to oversee the ritual of partnership between Pokemon and Trainer, could not pry this little one off Hiromi, Megumi doubted anyone would. Still, it was nice to see that Hiromi wasn’t flustered or bothered by a new tenant in her shoulder. She did wonder how her Flareon would react to this.

It’s very nice to meet you, Erin. I am Megumi Tensei, he-” She caught herself right there and then, temperature slightly rising to her cheeks. “Here to befriend a new partner for our journey.

Hiromi’s piece on how they should choose their Pokemon intrigued the coordinator. She hadn’t chosen a Pokemon from a lab before, but instead was given the necessary Pokemon to become a chef. Well, even then, she had still made the choice. Or was it the Pokemon that had made it for her? She remembered how Creme, Sundae and Escargot were immediately smitten with the food she had prepared, and many were surprised that the Goomy had chosen anyone at all.

Choice, is that correct?” She offered a wistful smile. “Let us not tarry any longer… though I think someone has made Hiromi’s choice for her, isn’t that right, little one?

She glanced at the fox and Hiromi, giving the latter a wink.

☽ ooc section
notes ★  457 words. ~ lol lecc. that fox is glued.
PM
^
citrus
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 02:00 PM

citrus
23 posts
¥5750
Admin

N/A

As Erin has assumed, the two girls had arrived at the facility to receive their starter Pokemon. It was a process with which she'd had years of experience with. She prided herself on the ability to streamline the process of paperwork, while matching up various types of starters with a trainer from whom they can learn and improve. Rarely, except in a few outlier situations, had she received complaints from trainers she had matched in the past. In fact, Erin thoroughly enjoyed remaining in contact with every new trainer that came through the sliding glass doors.

"Of course!" Erin smiled, gleefully. "The Cubic City Laboratory prides ourselves on giving you the the finest selection of Pokemon from which you can choose from. If there's anything you're not satisfied with, you can just let me know and I'll do my best to offer my assistance." Her eyes kept darting momentarily to the Fennekin perched on the blonde girl's shoulders, who seemed more than pleased with the attention he was receiving from them both. A hitched laugh fell from her lips as the other girl referred to him as having the 'makings of a great partner'. "If you want him, I'm sure I can arrange something for you. However, we have plenty of other Pokemon to choose from as well."

Erin, still facing the two girls, began to step backwards and further into the laboratory's main lobby. "If you two would follow me this way - " She reached the main desk, reaching behind it to grab some papers from a stack next to the computer. The lab assistant than fumbled for a couple pens. "This is just a basic information form. One for each of you." She held out the forms and pens, "Everything you need to fill out is highlighted. As for your starters, do either of you have a request? If not, that's totally cool, I'll just see what I can find for you." She paused to look at the girls, noting their appearances, outfit choices, and the way they spoke. It was the exact kind of observation she prided herself on in choosing the best Pokemon for visitors of the lab. "As I said, we've got a great selection back there."

PM
^
hiromi nishikawa
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 10:46 AM

lecc
8 posts
¥2300
Trainer

N/A

Through this whole ordeal, Katsu had trotted obediently beside Hiromi, perfectly content to watch the whole situation from the sidelines. Unlike other partners, he wasn't really all that jealous. It was hard to be, considering the fact that his relationship with his trainer was different than most was. After all, she was here to get a starter. He just wanted to make sure it all ran smoothly. The Fennekin seemed to make a home on his girl's shoulder, and her Flareon blinked nonchalantly, turning around to lick at his shoulder as the girls conversed.

Though she liked her, Hiromi couldn't help but sending a quizzical glance Megumi's way. Why was she so insistant on her taking the Fennekin? Not that she really minded... it was kind of cute. But she wanted choices! Hiromi had always been keen on choices. At home, her father and brother had always tried to make them for her. Well, she was not going to let that happen today! She huffed. "I can make my own choices, thank you very much." She glanced at the Fennekin on her shoulder. "No offense."

Thankfully, the intern seemed to be more her page, and Hiromi smiled at her as she energetically informed them about lab protocol. It was everything that Hiromi knew already. Of course, at the comment about the Fennekin, the girl couldn't help but giggle. "Yeah, well, we'll see." She smirked at him. After all, even if she did want him in the end, she couldn't let it be that easy, could it? Where would be the fun in that?

Following Erin deeper into the lobby, Hiromi couldn't help herself from looking around at their settings. This lab was so... different from the one her father had. Of course, her father had never sought to be cleared to give out laboratory pokemon, so perhaps that was the difference... but their childhood home was traditional in the real sense of the word-- wooden walls, flower-lined pathways, you named it. This lab, with it's smooth linoleum floors and modern walls, was definitely a different type of atmosphere.

Hiromi decided she liked it. It was kind of cool.

"Huh?" She glanced over at Erin, who was offering her a pen. Hiromi grabbed it quickly, as well as with the form. At the question about the request, the girl paused. She contemplated it, tapping the tip of the pen against her bottom lip, before her eyes suddenly lit up. "Oh! Do you have a... " Holy Mew. What was the word? "Popplio! I saw it on a poster. They seem sooo cute." She couldn't help but gush a little bit, her bright blue eyes sparkling. Then she cleared her throat. "If you don't have them, that's fine with me too. I just want something - you know - cute. "

word count ● 466
oocmegumi tensei citrus

PM
^
megumi tensei
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 11:45 PM

lotte
9 posts
¥1750
Coordinator

N/A

Megumi nodded and patiently listened as the intern explained the skeletal works of how the ceremony of starters and trainers. The girl was courteous enough to extend her hand should they find any trouble. At least she was polite. The burly man who had introduced her to Sundae and her team had not cared what she chose, as long as she did it fast. The coordinator chuckled at the thought of Escar and Creme making a mess in the kitchen the first day they met.

I’m sure you can, Hime-chan.” She offered her friend who probably had thought she meant she couldn’t make choices on her own. The nickname she had made for Hiromi was an abbreviation of the first and last syllable of her name. It was cute nickname, and a reference to “Though there are times when I wonder what fate has instored for us without knowing, you know… it’s kind of exciting isn’t?

With that said, Megumi walked with the group inside the lab’s facilities and immediately shared the same sentiments as Hiromi. She couldn’t grasp the amazing-ness of the entire area. Everything was just so… sparkly. The white fluorescent lights made the machinery and equipment as brilliant the people working in here.

Erin handed them forms to fill out, reinforcing the idea that they had choices to make. She smiled and thanked the girl. The paper was light, a sudden weight on her shoulders made her entire soul heavy. It had never dawned on the coordinator how important of a decision this really was.

Megumi smiled in relief at her friend. She didn’t seem to be nervous at all, unlike someone else. The coordinator focused on her own sheet of paper, and closed her eyes. Currently, she had a team that helped her make unique and delicious food. That was her forte. What she was lacking now was a Pokemon that could provide her with herbs..

Yes!” She suddenly exclaimed louder than intended, color rising to her cheeks. “I mean…” she coughed a little and smiled at Erin. “Can I take a look at any grass pokemon you have?

☽ ooc section
notes ★  353 words. ~ bump
PM
^
citrus
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 06:35 PM

citrus
23 posts
¥5750
Admin

N/A

Erin listened to the girl's conversation and their requests carefully, clapping her hands together enthusiastically at their completion. "We have some great choices in the back! Let me go them for you two." She began to retreat into the inner sections of the laboratory. "Hold on uno momento," she finished before turning heel and speed walking inside.

Just a moment later, Erin returned with two extra Pokeballs in her arms and a Bulbasaur by her side, carrying the other two Pokeball. "So I've grabbed a few for you two to look at. And this is Bulbasaur. Used to help us out in the back, but now he's in the pickings." She juggled with the Pokeballs in her arms, contemplating her next step. Bulbasaur had already stepped up to the two girls, addressing the Fennekin. "Are you causing trouble again?" Fennekin shrugged. Bulbasaur continued. "I hope he's not bothering you too much. Erin told me you two are looking for a new Pokemon. While I would be happy to be your choice, we also have four other fantastic choices. I hope you like one of them."

Erin had finally managed to juggle her Pokeballs onto the front counter. "Here, I'll just let them all out and you can pick for yourself." She spoke as she moved, quickly tapping the buttons of each Pokeball. She then took the ones from Bulbasaur, doing the same to those. In bright flashes of light, four Pokemon emerged from their Pokeballs. A Chikorita was first, seemingly startled by the release and scrambling across the polished floor to hide behind the front counter. A Popplio was next, adorned with faux pearls around her neck and a tiara on her head. She eyed the two girls with first curiosity, then arrogance. "Oh my gosh. Well aren't you the prettiest little thing to walk through these doors in... ever." It was unsure who she was talking to.

Next came a Squirtle, sporting circular, black shades. He leaped in exaggerated motion from his pokeball and struck a pose as soon as he hit the ground. "Helloooooo ladies, need a super hero to save the day? Don't know where to go? Lost? Meowth stuck up in a tree? Squirtle Squad is here to make your day way easier!" It sounded just like an advertisement, and Popplio audibly scoffed at his statements. "Here you go again. When are you going to learn that Squirtle Squad isn't coming back." Squirtle retorted, "It is coming back! i'm making it come back." ""No, you're not. It's simple foolishness." "Bulbasaaaaaaaaaur, Popplio is being mean again." Squirtle kicked at Popplio with one of his feet. "Ugh, don't touch me! You're dirty."

In the middle of their argument, Snivy had been released from the Pokeball. He was holding an extravagant painting in his paws and staring at Popplio and Squirtle. "Oh look, that's Snivy!" Fennekin piped up from his shoulder mount. "You gotta look at his paintings, they're like professional Leo Da Vinci stuff."

Amidst the crowd of Pokemon, Erin was left staring at them all. She held no desire to get between Popplio and Squirtle's argument or find the skittish Chikorita. "Well, there you've got it. Pokemon. Stuff. Yeah. Any questions? Interested in any of them?"

PM
^
hiromi nishikawa
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 09:23 PM

lecc
8 posts
¥2300
Trainer

N/A

Hiromi hadn't really been that upset with her friend to begin with anyway, so Megumi placating her really brushed off her shoulder. Instead, the blond tilted her head curiously to the side as she took in what the other was saying. Fate? That was something that Otou-san talked about often, usually to console her whenever something would go wrong. Something about fate, destiny, and the red string that tied them all together. The girl paused, before responding with a smile. "Yeah, of course, Megu-chan."

It was comfortable, at least, knowing how easily Hiromi could interact with the other girl. Though they were from the same hometown, she didn't honestly know the other girl very well from what she had heard in stories! But from the nicknames to the sweet personality of the other fellow Ecruteak native, Hiromi felt at peace. At least, if she didn't think too hard about what it could mean that Megumi was here of all places. If she didn't think too much if Megumi really knew the situation regarding.... well, that was impossible. Impossible, Hiromi reminded herself. Megumi had barely recognized her. Yeah.

As Hiromi ruminated over her options of possible starter choices, it seemed that Megumi had already known what she wanted. Of course a Tensei would know what to do; after all, Hiromi was sure, she must have come from a group of winsome individuals herself. Thankfully, the intern at hand seemed to have no issues juggling the two girls interests and eventually came out with a pair of pokemon Oooh! Hiromi's eyes first zoned in on the Bulbasaur who padded up to them, explaining all the different pokemon that arrived just before them.

The first two pokemon that was let out from their pokeballs was a Chikorita and a...blue seel? Hiromi wasn't too interested in the first, for two reason. The grass-type had immediately scrambled out of view, and Hiromi had little interest in bringing a coward on their journey. Secondly... well, if she'd been impressed by the cuteness of the Bulbasaur, this new pokemon absolutely blew her away! Plus, there was the added plus of the fact that Hiromi had never meet a pokemon like that before. Oh, Hiroki would be so jealous. The thought of her brother was enough to make her feel a tinge of bittersweet; however, the Popplio's statement was enough to distract her.

Well aren't you the prettiest little thing to walk through these doors in... ever."

Briefly, Hiromi felt another twinge. Annoyance? Confusion? She couldn't tell whether or not the Popplio was insulting her. Even Katsu at his side twitched, ears flicking irritably. He almost opened his mouth to tell Hiromi who to choose - definitely not this Popplio - when he noticed his trainer's expression. Her eyes were round and shimmering, a reckless grin on her face. Oh no, Katsu thought, but it was too late.

Hand popped on her hip, Hiromi smirked at the small pokemon. "Well, thank you! You're not so bad yourself. " She watched the interaction between the rest of the pokemon with interest, but she only had eyes for one. When Erin spoke up, Hiromi was quick to answer. "I want her!" she proclaimed, pointing to the Popplio.

Yeah, she'd be perfect.

word count ● 542
oocmegumi tensei citrus
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SISTER SITES
surreality
STATIC AFFILIATES
face in the crowd
Hiraeth a Panfandom RP TO BITTER ENDINGS
K-Urban Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU
Sparkledog Nation